Our society is a consumer based society. It is all about; “What do I get?” So when you begin to talk to people about coming to church with you (i.e. inviting) they will want to know what this church has to offer them.
This is where some of us get embarrassed. We can’t offer the outstanding teen program that dazzles our teens with more religious entertainment than they can handle. We can’t offer the big budget productions that are the substance of some weekly worship experiences. We can’t boast of big crowds of attendees. In short we sometimes have the attitude of coming up short in what we can offer our friends and neighbors or the community.
What we have to offer is our smallness. What are people looking for in a church? It is connection with God and people. Real connection comes from loving our visitors into our circle so that they become truly connected to us and us to their lives. We offer support that works because we can be real and one on one with them. We offer the handshakes, the smiles, the hugs, the prayers, the tears, whatever is real in a relationship that is based on God’s mercy, forgiveness and love. We can quickly integrate new comers into a wholesome community that will practice loving each other as much as we love ourselves.
We have nothing else to offer than the Love of God in practical human form given to them through us. Can you offer that to someone outside the church?
1. Pray that they be aware of sin (their own and our country's). May that lead them to repentance and God's forgiveness.
2. Pray that they would realize their inability to fulfill their task and seek God's wisdom and strength to do what is right in the sight of God.
3. Pray that they would reject all counsel that violates spiritual principles.
4, Pray that they not fall victim to trends of socialism and humanism but lead in reversing those trends.
5. Pray that they would put their personal agendas and ambitions aside for the sake of the country as a whole.
6. Pray they realize the character that comes from earnest prayer and being in God's Word.
7. Pray that they would be reminded daily and know for sure that they are accountable unto the Almighty for the decisions they make.
8. Pray that they would be reminded daily and know fur sure that they are accountable unto the Almighty for the decisions they make.
9. Pray for their families that God's own peace might rule their homes.
This is where you will be able to find write ups following our major events and the information found on our occasional bulletin inserts. We always try to post information on our social media feeds, but here we will visit our events more in depth and perhaps even have a Q&A session once in a while.. So follow along as we adventure together on this Heart to Heart Life!