The last several weeks in American politics have been filled with vitriol and divisiveness, that our country is tearing itself apart. We need to pray for our government leaders that they may have the guidance to choose the right course of action. That they will be able to unify us once again as a nation and begin the healing process.
While politics plays an important part in our lives, it is not the end all be all. Recently, Eric Erickson, a writer for Fox News, recently shared a post on his Facebook page about why, as he lays in a hospital bed, that politics doesn't matter.
"I have to tell you that American politics really does not matter when you have kids and are dying. You begin to seriously ask yourself what you want your kids to know if you’re gone. My kids, were they to learn about me from Google, would really only know what people who hate me think about me.
Click here to read his whole post.
We need to always keep things in perspective and recognize the important thing. We can't always control the political climate in our country, but we can pray for wisdom for our leaders and healing for our nation,
1. Pray that they be aware of sin (their own and our country's). May that lead them to repentance and God's forgiveness.
2. Pray that they would realize their inability to fulfill their task and seek God's wisdom and strength to do what is right in the sight of God.
3. Pray that they would reject all counsel that violates spiritual principles.
4, Pray that they not fall victim to trends of socialism and humanism but lead in reversing those trends.
5. Pray that they would put their personal agendas and ambitions aside for the sake of the country as a whole.
6. Pray they realize the character that comes from earnest prayer and being in God's Word.
7. Pray that they would be reminded daily and know for sure that they are accountable unto the Almighty for the decisions they make.
8. Pray that they would be reminded daily and know fur sure that they are accountable unto the Almighty for the decisions they make.
9. Pray for their families that God's own peace might rule their homes.
This is where you will be able to find write ups following our major events and the information found on our occasional bulletin inserts. We always try to post information on our social media feeds, but here we will visit our events more in depth and perhaps even have a Q&A session once in a while.. So follow along as we adventure together on this Heart to Heart Life!